Looking Back on 2022
Looking forward to 2023
Below are highlights of the innovative work our talented staff accomplished in 2022, and a sneak peak of what makes us excited for 2023. Thank you for joining us in another year of building futures for all through math and science education!
Worked to Develop More Equitable Education Environments and Foster Thriving STEM Identities for ALL
Increased Influence in STEM Education Outside the Classroom with Newly Funded Projects
- AAMASE: Young women of color will have the opportunity to learn and use STEM and entrepreneurship skills in makerspaces.
- AMPD4Math: The Cesar Chavez Foundation and TERC are working with youth and afterschool leaders to co-design projects that draw on students’ desire to help others while growing positive identities as mathematics learners.
Informed on the Best Practices & Research in STEM Education
Advanced Professional Development (PD) and Adult Education
- Received NSF funding for ExIST, a teacher PD model that supports middle school biology teachers to adapt curriculum by integrating game design.
- Partnered with BW Walch to further help adults build a conceptual understanding of math by making the EMPower curriculum an online experience.
- Selected to be Massachusetts' adult education professional development provider for mathematics and adult numeracy for an additional 5 years.
Welcomed Many Bright Minds to TERC
Click on each person's name to learn more about them!
Looking Forward to 2023